NOTE: UCLiMap with iOS 4 support submitted to Apple. Update coming soon!
UCLiMap is an interactive map of University College London Bloomsbury Campus.
Note: This application is intended for University College London members of staff, students and visitors.
The difficulty of locating some particular building is probably known to many people. Most certainly, it is often a problem for students, who are trying to find a specific lecture theatre, building or a departmental office in the vast number of UCL facilities, which are spread over a large territory, with many being located at a considerable distance away from each other and from the Bloomsbury Campus in particular. Historically and culturally evolved facilities’ naming scheme creates additional ambiguity in their location.
UCLiMap is designed to solve this frequent problem and help students, members of staff and visitors in orienting themselves around the University College London Bloomsbury Campus.
UCLiMap features a full scale interactive UCL Bloomsbury Campus map, allowing users to search for buildings, departments, lecture theatres, libraries, museums and halls of students’ residence, and obtain a descriptive summary of the location of each of the facilities, and pinpoint them both on the local campus map and on the Google Maps.
New in version 1.3:
- Pinch and Zoom!
* Facilities listing
- Search bar now scrollable in facilities lists
New in version 1.2:
* New map:
- Improved map quality
- Improved map colour scheme
- Updated map to the most recent version
- Changed map background colour
* Facilities registry:
- Revised and updated UCL facilities registry together with their locations
- Added missing facilities to the Bloomsbury Campus map
- Added UCL Union together with the related facilities to the registry and map
- New application icon in line with current UCL branding
- New loading screen in line with current UCL branding
- iPhone OS 3.0 support
- Minor bug fixes
- Minor performance improvements